Von der Pure von der Stange zur Scrambler von Roland Sands

Du siehst das Forum als Gast - als registriertes Mitglied stehen dir alle Forenbereiche zur Verfügung. Wir freuen uns auf dich!

• I plan to make it out of stainless steel, I would love to make a disk for you, but I'm afraid there will be difficulties with delivery, since I live in Russia.

Can't you simply send a letter or a parcel or is this meanwhile forbidden??!!

don't forget to take the mounted tyres into account. only using the rim diameter is only a rough assumption.

Compared to the wide tolerance range from 17" to 19", the tire dimensions should be neglectable as the width / height ratio is anyhow the same! 120/70-19" and 120/70-17" - Yet you are right the relation changes a little bit:

Wheel diameter 19" with tire: 19 x 25,3mm + 2 x 120mmX0,7 = 650

wheel diameter 17" with tire: 17 x 25,4mm + 2 x 120mm x 0,7 = 600

Calculated number of holes for 17": 48 / 650 x 600 = 44,3 = 44

So Franko is right, it makes one hole difference, that why I wanted to know the number of holes at Tills 21" version, but the one hole should not be a road block!

• I will try to find out how to send it and I will definitely unsubscribe

• Probably I am - as often - too naiv...., sorry for that! So if there are any problems just forget about that!

There might be an easy fix!!

Assuming you would need to go from 48 holes (more exactly it is slots with 'bridges' in between!) down to 44.

I don't know if the electronic is clever and is registering the ferquency or distance between the different holes.

If you would simply take out - on an existing ABS ring with 48 slots - 4 of the bridges, you will end up with only 44 slots - 4 of them having more than the double size and with this not beeing of identical distance, but nevertheless, 44 holes, it might work!

• This is not a good idea… basically you suddenly have a pulse which is double in duration than the last ones. That could make the ABS trigger during normal braking.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nexus (18. Juli 2023 um 21:49)

• Another advice:

Phone and talk to Wunderlich. I'm sure they speek English too. They have a very good and friendly support. And ask about the Model "Green Hell". They had found the correct number of holes for the 21' ABS frontwheel disc and they schould also know how to calculate it for 17'.

I wouldn't make any experience. A correct ABS can save your life!

MaT5ol

I will count the holes of my abs disc especially for you my dear. Costs at least one bear next time :aetsch

:bier

Gruß

Der Eulenspiegel :kasper

• This is not a good idea… basically you suddenly have a pulse which is double in duration than the last ones. That could make the ABS trigger during normal braking.

Do you really know that not only the amount but also the duration of the pulses is considered or is this only an assumption?

• Sind wir jetzt in England?

Internet, Europa, Cosmopolit... - kannst es dir aussuchen oder russisch antworten wenn du was zu sagen hast wobei das wohl die wenigsten verstehen würden.

Was soll die Frage?? ( das ist der höfliche Versuch für...)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von MaT5ol (19. Juli 2023 um 11:36)

• Unfortunately, the sending turned out to be more difficult than I thought, if everything works out with the abs ring, we will definitely find a way to transfer it )))

But I will definitely report the results with the replacement of the ABS ring.

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I completely agree with you, I myself am confused by all these manipulations and I already regret that I bought 17 wheels))))

• Phone and talk to Wunderlich. I'm sure they speek English too. They have a very good and friendly support. And ask about the Model "Green Hell". They had found the correct number of holes for the 21' ABS frontwheel disc and they schould also know how to calculate it for 17'.

Moin,

die Idee hatte ich schon für meinen konvertibel angedachten 19“/17“ Wechsel mit einer Anfrage nach Einzelanfertigung gestellt. Rückmeldung: nicht interessiert, da für die notwendige Änderung (ABS Softwareangleichnug) auf den Hersteller zurückgegriffen werden kann.

BlackStar

• I have read about many positive scrambler conversions with a change of 19 to 21 wheels. When installing an ABS ring with 53 holes instead of 48, it gives a positive result. There is even a modification of wunderlich https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-r-…-44121-000.html. So if 19/21 works with increasing holes, I hope that 19/17 will work with decreasing holes.

It will work, no doubt. But the question ist how many holes your abs disk needs. In fact the original BMW abs discs for 17' and 19' are idendical. The unit controls regognizes the differences. But not all can do this.

So if you can find out the correct number of holes for a 17' frontwheel revolution it will fit. As MaT5ol told, than the unit control has nothing to caculate. The abs disk will send the correct information to the unit control.

I have read about many positive scrambler conversions with a change of 19 to 21 wheels.

now i'm confused!?! I thought you wanted to change from 19' to 17' frontwheel!?!

The change to 19' or 21' is easy. Also from 17' to 19'. At "Wunderlich" you can buy the 21' abs sensordisc. It costs 49.- € and fits also with the 19' frontwhell. At least with my bike! "Wunderlich" has taken this ring out of their onlineshop, but you can buy it if you send an email to their saledepartement an order the item numer 44121-000-abs. It is part of their complete 21' frontwheel-kit.

That's what I did!

Gruß

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Eulenspiegel (19. Juli 2023 um 11:45)

• According to my calculations, 45-46 holes are needed in the ABS disk. I ordered 2 options and I will try.

What are these calculations?? Do you want to share?

I have read about many positive scrambler conversions with a change of 19 to 21 wheels. When installing an ABS ring with 53 holes instead of 48, it gives a positive result. There is even a modification of wunderlich https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/bmw-r-…-44121-000.html. So if 19/21 works with increasing holes, I hope that 19/17 will work with decreasing holes.

1 hole more or less probably won't matter but if you try you can do it right first time....

Change from 19" to 21": 48 + 5 =53

Change from 19" to 17": 48 - 5 = 43 - Considereing the tires maybe 44 or max 45!

46 is then again much too close to 48 (maybe even 47 would work as mine is working with 48 - and you just need to slip into the tolerance range, but I would be interested about you calculation thoughts!)

• теперь я запутался!?! Я думал, ты хочешь поменять переднее колесо с 19 на 17!?!

You are absolutely right, I want to replace 19 with 17. I have given data on 21 wheels for analogy.

• What are these calculations?? Do you want to share?

1 hole more or less probably won't matter but if you try you can do it right first time....

Change from 19" to 21": 48 + 5 =53

Change from 19" to 17": 48 - 5 = 43 - Considereing the tires maybe 44 or max 45!

46 is then again much too close to 48 (maybe even 47 would work as mine is working with 48 - and you just need to slip into the tolerance range, but I would be interested about you calculation thoughts!)

Und deine "caculation thoughts?! Wie kommst du darauf?

Can you share your calculation?

Gruß